Monday 18 April 2016

The Shiva Trilogy Finale

Hello, everyone!

A bit about Zentangle:
The Zentangle® Method is an easy to learn, fun and relaxing way to create beautiful patterns. It was created by Rick Roberts and Maria Thomas. "Zentangle" is a registered trademark of Zentangle, Inc. Learn more at zentangle.com.

So! That's it! My second series is over! You know, right now, I feel like a true artist, who has laboured away at her pen, paper and laptop for hours together, looking back at her masterpiece with utmost satisfaction! And yes, that's what it is, my self-conjured artistic and literary masterpiece (if you allow me, that is), looking back at me from the screen of my laptop. But before I officially announce this series to be completed, I will let YOU take a teeny, meeny, tiny, miny glimpse of my creations over the past few weeks, inspired by the all-awesome, brainy genius, conjurer of spellbinding masterpieces, the one and only, AMISH TRIPATHI! Once again, all my dearest friends, if you haven't read the surreal, enchanting, rapturing, captivating, praise-seeking (and praise-deserving, obviously), tantalising-in-its-enthralling folds Shiva Trilogy, I pity you, my friend! You haven't have had the chance to be blessed by the divine philosophy of life that makes one introspect deep into the heart, looking for answers, only to blessed by the magical power generated by the union of man and God, to be enthralled by the beguiling dance of the Mahadev that you can almost visualize by the literary prowess of a certain fantastic individual, and to witness the eternal struggle that everyone faces amongst themselves, raging like an infinite storm in the innermost depths of the soul, forcing us to ask ourselves questions about our purpose on Earth. So yes, the bottom line is: GO READ IT!! NOW!

So coming back to the point (something that I always keep losing for some reason), I have made a super duper collage with all my tangles about the Shiva Trilogy, and I HAVE put it in this post! So friends, and fellow readers/appreciaters (appreciaters? I know that such a word doesn't exist, but you know, one needs to make up non-existent words to get across her raging emotions for such an awesome piece of literature) /fans of The Shiva Trilogy, behold the first (and preferably the last; I hate making collages. I had to delete my work a million times before I could actually make something that looked faintly like what you are about to witness) collage made by me, ZenCrazy! Here we go!




Did you see it! Of course, you did, I just put a super-gigantic poster-size image of it just above! (Please do forgive me, I know that I am behaving like an exuberantly excited 3-year-old who has just received the biggest present in the world, and not like my usually sane, 13-year-old self that I am supposed to be, but I can't help it, considering the fact that I am much more than the plain old boring adjectives of excited and eager at the current moment!) :-)

So, to keep the explanations short (and philosophy long) let's get started!

The bottom most picture in the collage is quite evidently (evident to the lucky lot who has read my two previous posts, The Divine Theory of Duality and Somras: Good or Evil?) a drop of the drink of the Gods, the Somras!

The picture to the left of it is of the symbol of the passionate, beautiful and free Chandravanshis, who live life by probabilities: a crescent moon. Their motto, Shringar, Saundarya, Swatantrata is freely floating on top of the moon.

The one on the other side of it it is the symbol of the truthful, dutiful and honourable Suryavanshis, a blazing sun. The motto of the Suryavanshi way of life is sensibly lying at the bottom: Satya, Dharma, Maan.

To know more about these, I request you to go read The Divine Theory of Duality here, and Somras: Good or Evil? over here.

Coming to the only picture left, I take it that this one needs a much longer explanation. But as I also take it, it is humanly impossible for a single person to properly read, contemplate and cogitate upon, and completely understand these three tangles in one sitting! You know what, I feel like my SS Teacher, The One and Only, Dipti Ma'am, (I hope for extra marks in SS now!) who divides the chapter into parts so that we, her "babies" as she calls us, (Babies in Grade 9!) do not muddle up the cruel Marie Antoinette, the legendary Napolean Bonaparte, the pitiless Robert Clive, the revolutionary Raja Ram Mohan Roy (I don't mean any offense, but honestly! Who has such a long name?), the bold Jean Paul Marat and God alone knows how many other vivid characters history has supplied us with!!

So, anyway, the point here is (See what I mean? I had almost lost it again!) that I will certainly give a full-fledged, detailed lecture on the fourth picture next time, so be prepared, store all the philosophy in your brain in a USB device, and keep the (D:) Drive empty! Till then, Happy Tangling!

3 comments:

  1. Hello. Though you would have us think differently, neither have you lost the point nor has your pencil which continues to unravel such mystical, surreal creations. Your tangles are beautiful, a treat to behold! And honsestly, dunno what enhances what, do the tangles adorn the writing or does the writing embellish the drawing but the entire package is downright fascinating. And yes, you express it most eloquently when you say 'this collage feels like a present' Congratulations! for that feeling of being gifted a creation is what every artist truly in love with their Art Form aspires to experience with every creation! And yes! it is true, it is indeed a gift, given with joy and receieved with gratitude! God Bless! Get to the last tangle soon please! Really looking forward to a lot more of your enriching philosophy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...you have successfully rendered me speechless! I have to say,I spent ten minutes on this blog, and truth be told, I spent a good 7 minutes staring at the tangle...It is the truest, purest form of beauty, and, the most honest form of the truth...If this is not proof enough that I should get your autograph now, while I still can, and keep it ready to sell it on ebay, and make a mean fortune in the future, I don't know what is! I may not be a seer, but I do know this much: One day, you'll do us all proud, Rashi Shah! And yes, Amishi ma'am is absolutely right!...You have succesfully given us, the world, and the loyal Shiva Trilogy fans, a truly remarkable gift!...YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...you have successfully rendered me speechless! I have to say,I spent ten minutes on this blog, and truth be told, I spent a good 7 minutes staring at the tangle...It is the truest, purest form of beauty, and, the most honest form of the truth...If this is not proof enough that I should get your autograph now, while I still can, and keep it ready to sell it on ebay, and make a mean fortune in the future, I don't know what is! I may not be a seer, but I do know this much: One day, you'll do us all proud, Rashi Shah! And yes, Amishi ma'am is absolutely right!...You have succesfully given us, the world, and the loyal Shiva Trilogy fans, a truly remarkable gift!...YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete