Thursday 11 February 2016

The Five Elementangles of Nature: Surreal Space

Hi, everyone!
So, as usual, before I start, I would recommend you to download the image and zoom in to understand what I am exactly talking about.
A bit about Zentangle:
The Zentangle® Method is an easy to learn, fun and relaxing way to create beautiful patterns. It was created by Rick Roberts and Maria Thomas. "Zentangle" is a registered trademark of Zentangle, Inc. Learn more at zentangle.com.



So, it has been a while and I wanted to do something different. So, I thought, why not a series? I mean, why don't I actually combine a theme with my artwork, so that I can express myself on a particular subject?
So that is exactly what I am doing! Over the next five posts, I will write about a series that I call, "The Five Elementangles of Nature!"

The first elementangle is Surreal Space, a very weird and wacky tangle that I personally find the most accurate description of my style of tangling.

SURREAL SPACE!
Essentially, SURREAL SPACE depicts my imagination of how space would be like. The upper left corner is like a window into space. I think that outer space would be kind of claustrophobic, considering the amount of stuff we have put there, like, we humans are forever dumping waste material and exploding rockets into space, so it must be pretty polluted by now. (Space Pollution, anyone?) The bottom is really creative because I have tangled on exactly how the planets would look like if we were to go by the textual description of them:

Mercury has craters. Craters: Check. (But now Mercury looks like a glass potato chip....)
Uranus has vertical rings. Vertical Rings: Check. (I threw in horizontal rings in as well, just for good measure.)
Saturn is beautiful and has horizontal rings. Beauty and horizontal (finger) rings: Check.

SURREAL SPACE has many weird and wacky things, some of them we have discovered and some of them we haven't. (Read: Aliens.) Try to search and find them. (Recognize them!)


So long, because that's it for now! See you soon, and till then, Happy Tangling!

3 comments:

  1. It is indeed surreal! Well written.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! It is beautiful and surreal indeed.
    Glad to know your thought process. I can so very well connect with it.
    Great going. Keep up the good work. You are quite an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete