Saturday 13 February 2016

The Five Elementangles of Nature: Alluring Air

Hi, Everyone!
As usual, before I start, I would recommend you to download the image and zoom in to understand what I am exactly talking about.
A bit about Zentangle:
The Zentangle® Method is an easy to learn, fun and relaxing way to create beautiful patterns. It was created by Rick Roberts and Maria Thomas. "Zentangle" is a registered trademark of Zentangle, Inc. Learn more at zentangle.com.

I am back with the second elementangle of nature, ALLURING AIR! It is the simplest of all the elementangles, and so complex at the same time. ALLURING AIR signifies freedom and beauty in simplicity.
ALLURING AIR
The first thing that comes to my mind when the word “AIR” is mentioned is FREE. ALLURING AIR is simple and free-flowing. Twirls and curls and whirls and swirls and all the other urls and irls adorn the upper-left corner. Simplicity oozes out of the black and white segments, as the only ornaments for that portion of the elementangle are the occasional navy blue stripes.

Another thing that I am reminded of when I hear someone speak about air is that AIR IS A MIXTURE OF GASES (thanks to all my science teachers that I have ever had in my life, this statement is hammered in my head) and so, to the right, there are little clouds filled with the gases that are commonly found in the air. My Zentangles are very much related to my daily life, and because I still go to school, I have exams, and exams mean studying, and surprisingly (not) I was studying for my science exam just before getting bored and shutting the book and deciding that science isn’t really for me and sitting down with my beloved pens and tangling my emotions out! While tangling, I suddenly cogitated about air pollution. You see, thousands of advertisements sensitising the viewers about the dangers of air pollution suddenly flooding the television screens leads to some consequence. That is the reason, the harmful, poisonous gases that supposedly have the potential to choke a fully grown adult human being to death (at least according to one of the advertisements) is highlighted, in bold, screaming out, ”Do not pollute my air, selfish vehicle drivers!”

The other day, I was reading an article about the Vimana Parva, an ancient flying chariot with wheels in the Mahabharata. I was quite intrigued by this ancient aviation technological wonder and desperately wanted to include that in my artwork. Sensing that my emotions for science and my perception on the simplicity of air had taken over my desire to tangle the Vimana Parva, I found really little space to make this awesome chariot, and I ended up drawing only the wheels, and that too in a small narrow strip of paper right at the bottom!


Well readers, thats quite it for now, as I still need to go give my science exam! I will soon be back with my new elementangle and a whole lot of new stories! Happy Tangling!

1 comment:

  1. Alluring Air! Well, truly alluring Rashi! What I like best is how you have combined so many different facets of the element into one beautiful, Divine image. If knowing Science can achieve this then science is sooooo meant for you! Especially when combined with the concern you have for the pollution and all the horrible things we are literally choking air itself with! Once again, simple, sincere, heartfelt and hence profound!

    ReplyDelete