Tuesday 16 February 2016

The Five Elementangles of Nature: Fabulous Fire

Hi Everyone!
So, as usual, before I start, I would recommend you to download the image and zoom in to understand what I am exactly talking about.
A bit about Zentangle:
The Zentangle® Method is an easy to learn, fun and relaxing way to create beautiful patterns. It was created by Rick Roberts and Maria Thomas. "Zentangle" is a registered trademark of Zentangle, Inc. Learn more at zentangle.com.

Here I am, back with my third and most striking elementangle, FABULOUS FIRE! This elementangle is like an attention grabber, the bright orange and striking black combine to create a work of art that demands undivided attention to understand and appreciate.
FABULOUS FIRE!
When I hear the word fire, I think of some matter that overpowers even the best, consuming as greedily as a ravenous caveman who has not seen food since ages and lapping up everything in its way. To me, fire signifies destructive strength and unmeasurable energy. Therefore, to project this awesomeness with enough justice, it made sense to feature an actual fire. The fire had to revel in its grandiose like a majestic king flaunting his new luxurious 24 carats uncut diamond ring. It had to be the very definition of resplendence. This fire is burning away to glory at the bottom of the artwork, done alternatively with orange and black. The sharp and bold tangles define this glorious fire on paper.
The top has three words that define FABULOUS FIRE: Heat, Light and Fire. I have shown them going up in smoke, the very smoke of my awesome fire. There are varied explanations of this, the best one being that words simply cannot describe the bravura of fire.
I wanted this to be the grandest, boldest and the most baronial of all my elementangles,  considering the fact that the magnificence of fire is simply too great.
So, that was my FABULOUS FIRE and I hope you liked it! Coming up is my next elementangle, WONDROUS WATER, and till then, Happy Tangling!


1 comment:

  1. Rashi I have fallen in love with your zen tangles and more so with the depth of your thinking. That is how it is with everything heartfelt. It automatically becomes simple and profound at the same time. Let me share a few things I find so inspiring about fire, exotic ironies if you will...fire is bright, resplendent, effulgent but after it has consumed all what remains is darkness, blackness...as healing as that might be...fire gives one warmth and light but go too close and those very attributes that heal can kill. To me these ironies signify the need for balance and order inherent in the very nature of all that there is. Nothing beautiful or graceful can or should ever be taken for granted, treated with disrespect or the slightest disregard. In the womb of the greatest, truest purity lies the potential for infinite and terrifying power. This is true for all the elements, isn't it? Keep tangling! An afterthought I absolutely love the way flames joyously dance to happy songs of campfires set beneath starlit nights!

    ReplyDelete